A dense, fudgy, chocolatey cake goes great with ice cream, especially with some extra chocolate ganache poured on top.
Yes, I know.
ANOTHER CHOCOLATE RECIPE.
Okay, so chocolate is like, my favorite thing to eat so please don’t blame me. If you love chocolate like me, please continue reading.
Or if you hate chocolate you can still keep reading. Do what your heart desires.
We are going to start by placing butter and chocolate in a bowl and melting it over a double boiler or microwave. I used salted butter.
Then we are going to add in some white sugar…
The great thing about this is that you use 1 bowl to make the batter, which is great. We are going to add in 3 eggs, one at a time.
Add some cocoa powder (and again, no need to dirty that sifter!)..
And that is all the ingredients you need to make the batter! 5 ingredients. Plus 2 with the ganache. Bake it off, let it cool, and eat.
So technically this is three steps:
1. Preheat oven (which honestly is insanely easy) and butter a pan.
2. Prepare batter (a little harder, but eat chocolate chips while you make it so it will be more bearable).
3. Let it cool and top with ganache.
You’ve got to try this. Mostly because it’s easy+chocolate is involved+its gluten free.
Chocolate haters, I’m sorry that you don’t like chocolate.
Flourless Chocolate Cake
Ingredients1 stick butter, plus more for greasing
1/2 cup chocolate chips (dark or bittersweet)
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs, room temp
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup Chocolate Ganache
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9×9 circle pan or 8×8 square pan really well with butter.
- In a bowl add chocolate chips and butter. Melt in a microwave or double boiler. Add sugar and whisk. Let it cool for 2-3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until incorporated. Add cocoa powder. Pour until pan. Bake for 18-22 minutes until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. A few moist crumbs are fine, but there should be no batter.
- After 10 minutes of cooling, invert onto a cooling rack. Let cool for 30 more minutes. Top with ganache and serve.