Burgers are tough. You can’t try the meat before you cook it, and it can be difficult to get all the spices right. Some just use salt and pepper, but as I don’t really love most burgers all that much to begin with, I prefer a little more flavor. I don’t like ketchup, onions, mustard, or even sometimes buns on my burgers, so they really need to be good. What I’ve found is that taco seasoning not only makes some of the best burgers I’ve ever tasted but it also means I don’t need to measure about twenty different spices out just to get a burger that I like. In half an hour, you can make some incredible burgers and leave your guests wondering what you put in them to make it taste so good.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 1/2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup diced white onion (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Handle the beef as little as possible, just enough to distribute the spices, egg, and onion.
- Form the meat into patties. Be sure not to smash it together too much, as the burgers will be dense and may dry out during cooking.
- Cook burgers till desired level.
- Serve topped with American or colby jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, and tortilla strips
Thanks for stopping by, and subscribe for more recipes like this!