This is the best salad with tender chicken and crispy croutons
This is probably my favorite salad in the world. The flavors work so well together. At first it was hard to perfect the chicken. It needed to be tender, juicy and flavorful, yet still blending well with the other componets of the salad. A few trial and errors later, I finally perfected it. The lemon juice sprinkled over the chicken tenderizes the meat. You can’t taste the it, you just the difference chicken. At first I was skeptical on how it would work out with the lemon juice and all, but trust me. It’s better than the store bought pre-cooked chicken you get from the store. Now this salad isn’t just a recipe for chicken. It has homemade gluten-free croutons too.
The croutons are way better then store bought, and it’s hard to find delicous gluten-free croutons at the store. They are flavorful especially with the herbs and seasonings and perfect for any salad, not just Caesar. The ingredient list may seem long, but the majority is seasonings.
This is definitely a salad that doesn’t lack flavor. It’s so delicous and I encourage you to make it. Hope you enjoy!
Caesar Salad Chicken & Homemade Croutons
IngredientsFor the croutons:
3 Slices Gluten-Free bread, cubed
2 teaspoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
For the chicken:
4 Chicken breasts
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1-1/2 teaspoons chopped parsley
half of a lemon
For the salad:
three heads romaine, chopped
gluten-free caesar salad dressing, to serve
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- On a pan (I used a pizza pan for maximum crispiness but you can use a baking sheet), toss together all of the ingredients for the croutons. Bake in the preheated oven for ten minutes, staying near by to make sure they don’t burn. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the chicken on it. Sprinkle half of the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and parsley evenly over the one side of all the chicken. Flip it over and repeat with remaining seasonings. Sprinkle lemon over one side of the chicken. Bake in the preheated oven for 22-26 minutes depending on how thick you chicken breasts are. Cool completely before cutting.
- Place the lettuce in a bowl and pour over dressing. Add chicken and croutons and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy!