These healthy energy bites are a perfect snack any time.
Once you eat one of these bites you won’t be able to stop. They are a perfect after school snack for the kids or a quick treat after a long day. They are packed with chia seeds, which have many benefits:
• They are full of omega 3’s.
• Chia seeds are made up of 40% fiber by weight, making them the best fiber sources in the world.
• They are made up of 14% protein by weight.
• Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants.
Those are just a few benefits of chia seeds. They are healthy and delicious, just one of the many I like cooking with them so much.
There are only six ingredients in this recipe and you probably already have most of them in your pantry. It’s incredibly easy, which is good because they are gone at my house within 24 hours. The only sweetener is a bit of honey, so you don’t have to feel to bad eating half of the tray! The ingredients are only oats, chia seeds, chocolate chips, peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract.
They literally take 10 minutes to make, then just put them in the freezer for half an hour. Then you can indulge.
Hope you enjoy!
No-Bake Protein Energy Bites
1 cup oats
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
2-1/2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl combine all ingredients and mix well. It will be slightly sticky.
- Roll heaping tablespoonfuls of the oat mixture into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Freeze until set, about thirty minutes. Keep in the freezer for up to three weeks.