Generally, cookies have a reputation for being one of the simplest and easiest desserts you can make. In some cases, they are. However, there are several problems that bakers encounter when making them. Spreading, too cakey, crumbly, sticking to the pan, etc. As you read through my incomplete list of potential defects, please choose not to judge me for writing so many cookie recipes. It is actually quite difficult to make perfect cookies. Also, you might be happy to know, these cookies are problem free.
In my opinion, butterscotch is extremely underrated. How often do you see butterscotch anything? Yet when you do, It’s delicious. For those who don’t know, this mouth-watering flavor is made up of brown sugar and butter. Butterscotch chips don’t hurt either, and the brown butter deepens the flavor.
Chewy Butterscotch Cookies
- 1 1/3 cups gluten free flour mix
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 stick butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butterscotch chips, or as desired
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Melt 1 stick of butter in a small saucepan on medium heat. Stir constantly until the milk solids on the bottom brown, but be careful not to burn
- Cool butter, but not till solid
- Cream together with brown sugar, add egg
- Add all the dry ingredients, mix well
- Chill dough for 25-30 minutes
- Add butterscotch chips
- Roll into 1″ balls, and place on a baking sheet 1-1.5 inches apart
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until crisp on the edges and soft in the middle
I hope you liked the recipe, and please comment if you have any questions or tried it!