So lately, I feel like my writing style has really been influenced by what music I’m listening to at that time. I figured this out when I started writing raps about flour mixes. I only noticed this after the song switched from Manafest to The Afters.
That may or may not be an exaggeration, but I’m pretty sure it’s doing something. Maybe I’ll do a science experiment. I can write a little footnote about who I was listening to at the end of each post, and in a few months go back and collect data.
Now, usually when I write, I have talked about the food by now. I’m still going to, because you probably didn’t click this to hear about my music, but that’s just something I wanted to share with tens of thousands of people reading this. Okay, 10. And half of the readers are related to me.
Anyway, they’re bacon home fries! Originally I wrote this recipe as home fries. However, when making them for the twelfth time this month, I had the idea to add a few slices of bacon. For those of you who don’t like cooking normal bacon, turkey bacon works just as well. It is usually precooked, and doesn’t contain half as much fat. If you want to add even more flavor, top the potatoes with shredded colby jack after they are cooked, and toss them back in the oven for a few minutes.
Easy Pepper Bacon Home Fries
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 4-5 pieces of cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 Tbs salt, or to taste
- 1/2 Tbs pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes, about .5″x.5″
- In a large bowl or ziploc bag, mix oil, potatoes, seasoning, and 1/2 of the bacon
- Transfer to a nonstick pan, and sprinkle the remaining bacon over the top
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the potatoes are softened
- Remove from the oven, and Enjoy!
Thanks for visiting our blog, and I hope you enjoyed this recipe!